Orthodontic Services | Dentist in Ontario, CA
ORTHODONTICS / BRACES
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that involves treating misaligned teeth and jaws to help ensure optimal oral health, improved appearance, and durable, healthy teeth. Vista Dental Care, a general dentistry practice in Ontario, CA, is pleased to offer the convenience of full orthodontic services in our offices, in collaboration with our orthodontist.
Adult and pediatric patients benefit from our “resident orthodontist” in two important ways:
- Patients are in a comfortable, familiar environment with the Vista Dental Care staff they know and trust
- Dr. Min and Dr. Kim can consult about each patient’s planned treatments and coordinate their timing for best results.
VISTA DENTAL CARE OFFERS THESE COMPREHENSIVE ONSITE ORTHODONTIC SERVICES:
- Braces – consist of wires, brackets and bands used to help gradually move misaligned teeth into their proper position.
- Fixed appliances –are attached to the teeth to control thumb-sucking in small children. A long-term habit of thumb-sucking can have a negative impact on the proper formation and placement of new teeth.
- Space Maintainers – if a child loses their baby teeth too early, this small device can be inserted into the gap to protect it until the permanent tooth comes in.
- Invisalign® Clear Aligners – This virtually invisible aligner is removable and far more comfortable than traditional, metal braces, allowing patients to more effectively brush and clean their teeth more than are able to do with fixed braces.
- Retainers – These removable devices are used to prevent teeth from shifting back to their original position, as well as prevent thumb sucking.
- Jaw Repositioning Appliances – Also referred to as splints, these devices are used to gradually shift the upper or lower jaw into a more optimal position.
- Headgear – Use to slow the growth of the upper jaw, headgear consists of a strap around the back of the head attaching to a metal wire in front.